Health & Safety
Since AMM opened in 2014, we strive to maintain a clean, safe and healthy environment for our children and staff while maintaining a caring and nurturing environment where children can thrive.
During this time of enhanced concern, we are continuing to stay up-to-date with the latest state and local guidelines, licensing requirements, and CDC guidelines regarding the safety and well-being of your child.
We are taking key precautionary steps below to manage the Coronavirus (COVID19) and seasonal flu:
- Reduced Classroom Ratios: We have significantly reduced the teacher to child ratios to adhere to CDC’s social distancing guidelines.
Implemented Cohort strategies: Staff and children have be assigned to designated cohorts. We have updated our programs to prevent cohorts from mixing throughout the day.
- Limited Access: No one except teachers, staff, children, and person with legal authority are allowed to enter the school.
- Perform Temperature Checks: We check every staff, teacher, and child’s temperature before they enter the school
- Improved Check In/Out Process: Parents drop off their children outside at the door. One of the staff member checks the temperature and sanitizes child’s hands before taking them to class. Staff manually checks in and out all children in Procare system.
- Improved Health Practices: We teach and oversee proper hand washing (with soap and water for at least 20 seconds). Additionally, teaching children cough and sneeze etiquette (into the elbow).
- Additional Cleaning: We clean and sanitize classrooms at least 3 times a day. Sanitize all high use surfaces and door handles frequently throughout the day. We have commercial dishwasher that has special sanitizing cycles for washing school related items.
- Enhanced Teacher Training: All our teachers and staff have taken a special Coronavirus (COVID-19) related training designed by Texas A&M University.